Free collection of beautiful vector icons for your web pages.
CAN bus motor controller for DC or BLDC motors
This page presents a motor board based on an ATmega32M1 with an embedded CAN bus interface.
This board can be used to drive either DC or brushless (BLDC) motors.
The first part of the schematics contains the microcontroller with external devices:
- two LED for debugging;
- an ISP connector (In System Programming);
- a CAN bus interface based on MCP2562.
The second part of the schematics contains sensors and DC/DC converter:
- a DC/DC converter supply 5V allowing high current for the MOSFET gait;
- a thermistor sensor measures the board external temperature;
- a Hall Effect-Based Linear Current Sensor (ACS713-20A) IC measures the motor current;
- a quadrature incremental encoder can be added thanks to the IC LS7366R.
The H bridge are based on the combination of LTC4444-5 drivers and IRLR3636 HEXFET Power MOSFET.
The board has been designed for the following ratings:
- 10A max;
- 5V minimum voltage;
- 48V maximum voltage.
EAGLE PCB project, Solidworks files, BOM (Bill of Material), pictures, etc. can be downloaded here:
Last update : 10/26/2019